Summer School - Ocean Week

This summer I have been working at a public ABA Preschool teaching their summer school program! Here are some of the projects we have been working on!



Ocean Week


The first week - the first day especially - was a lot of learning about the kids and figuring out how the summer was going to work.



Learning more about my students' skills

Turtle Life Cycle!



Exposing kids to lots of language during our morning meeting - a guppy is a little fish!



Hermit crab wants a new shell - but not a boring one! We decorated shells for our own handprint crabs!


We're practicing sorting!



Look at how nicely our colorful fish came out! We practiced asking for the colors we wanted and requesting items ("I need glue.")


This week was a lot of testing the waters (pun intended) as the kids and I got to know each other. As the summer went on, I learned a lot more about how I wanted to run my classroom. After meeting with the special education teacher, I learned more about what my kids' skills were and what support they would need in the classroom.
Week 2 was even better! Check out my next blog post to see what we learned about during science week!

Comments