Distance Learning in Preschool

Has your school closed because of the corona virus? Mine has.



Many schools are closing down as a way to keep people safe during the spread of this virus. But what does that mean for learning? Some teachers are expected to prepare lessons for "distance learning" or "e-learning". While my district decided that it was not accessible to do online learning with our students, I did send home some ideas for my kids over this break. Unlike some teachers, though, I wasn't able to send home packets or books - we didn't know school was closing until last night. I did, however, send home a little game of bingo.


Because I teach preschool special education, I kept my bingo board pretty simple. It includes things like "sing the ABCs" and "go for a walk" - things that don't require technology or many materials.
I am lucky enough that all of my families are able to use the app Bloomz to communicate with me, so I sent home a note explaining the bingo board some more and letting them know that I will be sharing resources with them over the next couple of weeks.
My school did require me to set up a google classroom, so I informed them of that as well and will be sharing more resources on that platform.

But I wanted more than just my 13 kids to benefit from this. So I made a bingo board for you, too!
Click this link to access an updated bingo board with preschool-appropriate activities.

And I didn't even tell you my favorite part... I'm going to be completing the bingo board, too! I'll be sharing updates on Instagram, in addition to other resources, and am planning on making a longer video explaining everything on my YouTube channel. If you complete any of these bingo activities, please tag me @teachthelove - I'd love to see how you're continuing to learn and explore the world during this time!

Love,
Miss D


Comments