A Study of the Play of Dual Language Learners in an English-Speaking Classroom

Learning how to interact with other children is an important life skill and a key objective of most early childhood programs. But what happens when a child arrives at preschool with limited English language skills? How do they learn to engage socially, and how can teachers support them? This video highlights findings from a qualitative study looking at the play of dual language learners in a predominantly English-speaking classroom. 

 

Two preschoolers play with small metal cars on a rug in a classroom

 

As part of my undergrad, I had to write a thesis. I chose to focus on dual language learners and how they interact with their peers. You may have seen previous posts I've shared about my thesis, but recently the center I worked with produced this video all about my study. Check it out and let me know what you think!


https://www.easternct.edu/center-for-early-childhood-education/research/research-clips/play-of-dual-language-learners-study.html


Comments